Welcome to Chillstep Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Streaming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Banicus

Banicus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

First, I'm so excited to have happened upon OnlyChillstep youtube page and will be going back to listen for years to come. Thank you for all the work that went into putting those together.

I'm very new to streaming games on Twitch and I do so because some of my friends like watching.  I just recently learned of all the copyright laws involved behind playing Pandora in the background.  

My question is, Since the OnlyChillstep youtube page is what I would pull up while I stream games on Twitch, would that be considered illegal.  I enjoy listening to music when I game and I was wondering whats the process I would take if I wanted to play this youtube page on my background? 

Again, I'm very new to this and wanted to know other opinions. I've asked on other platforms and forums and received a very wide range of answers concerned this subject.

Thank you for your time,

Someone

Someone

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 77 posts
  • LocationGermany

It depends on the song, if the producer of the song allows people to play it, and the song isnt protected by any companys like RIAA or GEMA you can use it. If its protected you'll have to pay, theoreticly. Most music you can listen on OnlyChillsteps Channel isn't protected, and it's also not that popular (compared to the mainstream) that anyone really cares. So just go with his channel, or if you want to make sure to dont have any proplems go to http://www.youtube.c...eature=g-user-u there is a section for chillstep, too, and everything is 100% royality free.

Also keep in mind that companys like the GEMA in germany are '*&%$ money-mad bastards. There is that thing called the "GEMA Vermutung" (= GEMA assumption) which means as long as you dont prove that this particular song ISNT protected by the GEMA you have to pay the GEMA if you want to play it. And to prove it you have to know the real name of the producer, which isnt that easy when he works under a pseudonym. You have to know the real name because theoreticly he could make music under a different pseudonym, and that music is protected by the GEMA so everything he makes is protected by the GEMA what means this person will never be able again to share his music royality free in germany.

Just a little trip in the german law system... But I wouldnt care about it.

Posted Image Posted Image

If you keep on doing what you've always done,

you'll keep on being what you've always been.

W. L. Bateman

Banicus

Banicus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users