Welcome to Chillstep Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Producer Name

nomad producer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DoddS

DoddS

• Producers
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Whats up everyone. My current producer name Nomad has to be changed due to legal reasons, which is a real shame because it was the name I was set on a year before even beginning. 

The problem is that another band has the name Nomad, and has had it for five years or longer. They have no trademark on the name, but since they have had the name for over five years, they have the common law rights to the name.

This means that if I started getting a lot of recognition and it interferred with their productions (Fans getting mixed up with who is who, or fans of theirs switching their preference of style by stumbling upon my productions because of having the same name) they could file a lawsuit against me for "stealing" the rights of the name "Nomad" while they have the common rights to it.

Therefor, I am currently trying to come up with ideas for a new name. I have some ideas, but nothing that is really sticking out to me that I really fall in love with. It's very important to me that I find something I really love because it is a permanent decision, like getting a tattoo.

Right now I have

1) Aphelion

2) BlueShift

3) SoulStice

I would love for you guys to tell me which you like best, and definitely would appreciate some ideas thrown in as well.

Chillstep

Chillstep

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 204 posts
  • LocationJan Mayen

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot."

Our youtube channel!

Auxiel

Auxiel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I agree with 1 :)

DoddS

DoddS

• Producers
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I appreciate the input…still thinking hard about it!

Farley

Farley

• Producers
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

What about editing the name? Adding something or changing letters? Like Nomadie? Or even adding another word. "White Nomad" or something . :) (If it sounds too lame, then I'm so sorry, just tryng to be helpful. :D)

All links and stuff: http://farley.cz

DoddS

DoddS

• Producers
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Its all good. I appreciate the ideas, but adding anything to it just doesn't feel right to me. I checked at least 100 other ideas I had and every single one of them has been taken so I decided to go with DoddS, which is my last name, I just put a capital S at the end to make it more interesting.

AaronElato

AaronElato

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
make sure you vote on your favourite......maybe we need another poll to decide whether to go with pretty motorsport or a new name......I may just change the poll a little

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nomad, producer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users