Welcome to Chillstep Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Guide: Adding tags to a topic (also a great way to promote yourself)

tags guide tutorial

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Chillstep

Chillstep

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJan Mayen
Adding tags is not just a great way of keeping order, it's also a great way to promote yourself by letting people track the tags you set on your topics/threads. Whenever you click "Start New Topic" button, you'll see "Topic Title" text input field and below you find "Topic Tags". To add tags to your new topic, simple write in tag(s) that fit the topic and its content.

I'll make an example:

Kasbo and CMA is about to release a new track and want to make a post about it. Illusive has remixed the track and the track are featuring the vocals of The White Tiger. OK, so I've now highlighted some very important information and some "additional / optional" information that could be tagged. All the artists "should" be tagged (of course tagging is optional - but this is very good for promotion), and the words "vocal" and "remix" could be tagged as well. There is no such thing as having as few tags as possible - the more relevant tags the better. Don't use 10 tags if you don't really need to however. In this case, 6 is more than enough to get the information you need.

What does the tag do, and how will it promote me?
Whenever someone click a tag, they will be redirected / linked to a list of topics with that specific tag, meaning if they click a tag with your name on it, all topics containing your name-tag will be listed so people specifically can read topics about you.

How do I add tags?
Click the "Topic Title" text input field and type in a word you want to tag followed by enter (do not click "space" unless your tag is a 2-word tag). When you've done, the tag will be boxed (grey color) in as seen on image below. You can then repeat the steps to add more tags. To remove a tag simply click the small x sign inside the box.

Posted Image
  • LiveFromOurBassment likes this

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot."

Our youtube channel!

Chillstep

Chillstep

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJan Mayen

I see that many people struggle to get the tags correctly added, however it's great to see many people using the tag system! To properly tag please remember to click "enter" after each tag to get separated tags.

Example. You want to use the following 4 tags: chillstep, producer, track, love.

Correct way of adding them: chillstep (press enter button) producer (press enter button) track (press enter button) love (press enter button)

Wrong way of adding them: chillstep producer track love (press enter button)

Proper tagging is important to promote yourself in the best way. Hope this cleared up some confusion :bashful_cute_2:

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot."

Our youtube channel!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tags, guide, tutorial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users